Version 1.4 beta 1 - Big Sur Compatibility Version
Intended only for use with Big Sur betas.
Jul 15, 2020
This beta requires you to disable some macOS security measures that are enabled by default. This is necessary for AltServer to retrieve private information about your Apple ID in order to authenticate with Apple. This is only temporary, and we are working on a solution that doesn't require disabling any security measures.
*System Integrity Protection (SIP)
- Download AltServer from link below.
- Reboot Mac into Recovery mode (by holding Command+R when booting up).
- Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP)* by typing this command (then pressing return):
- Disable Apple Mobile File Integrity (AMFI)** checks by typing this command:
- Reboot into macOS Big Sur.
- Launch AltServer and install AltStore to your iOS device.
NOTE: The Mail plug-in is not required when using this AltServer beta.
System Integrity Protection is a security measure introduced in macOS El Capitan that protects system components from being modified by 3rd party apps. SIP must be disabled first in order to disable AMFI.
**Apple Mobile File Integrity (AMFI)
Apple Mobile File Integrity is a tool used by macOS to ensure apps are not using any private entitlements. Unfortunately, this AltServer beta needs to use private entitlements to retrieve information about your Apple ID, so disabling AMFI will allow AltServer to launch and run normally.
Version 1.3.3 beta 1
May 30, 2020
Version 1.3.2 beta 3
May 21, 2020
Version 1.3.1 beta 1
May 18, 2020
Version 1.3 beta 3
April 1, 2020
Version 1.2.1 Beta 2